A co-worker and I were talking about my allergies and I said that I was allergic to bananas and melons and she thought that was interesting because she'd never heard of those specific fruits causing allergies. She sent me this article after she looked it up.
It's so interesting!! It's dead on. All of my reactions are located in the mouth, throat, and ears, and it appears I'm most affected by Ragweed. Thankfully, I can still eat tomatoes. That would make me sad if I couldn't. It also explains why I can eat cooked carrots, but I have a mild reaction to raw ones. This makes me wonder if I can eat cooked bananas. Like in bananas foster or flambe or something. Perhaps it would be denatured enough for me to eat. I'm so fascinated by this article because it's dead-on descriptive of my specific allergies. It even says that you're more likely to develop this allergy over a long period of time. I was definitely able to eat all of those foods when I was a kid, but it was something that developed over time.
Anyway...I thought it was fascinating because it directly related to me :)
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
mystery solved!
Post a Comment