Tuesday, May 6, 2008

...and some WAFFLE FRIES

Well today was a pleasant evening of taking racially inappropriate pictures, valiantly searching for the playboy mansion, and making Andrew run around with an oversized cape. Hung out with ABK^2 this evening in case that was not immediately evident. I am now positive that the Roscoe's in West Hollywood has far superior chicken. The skin was crispier and tastier and just plain fatty-tastic. Clearly this is an important facet of any restaurant for KFP. It's in my nature. Anyway, I was seriously glad that we shared because I never could've finished it on my own. It was way too much food and my lingering half of a waffle personally offended Andrew until he just goes "are you gonna eat that or what??". Thankfully I didn't have to finish it or I might've hurled cinammon-y delicious waffle everywhere and that's just not as good the second time around. It would've put a serious damper on the ghostly photo shoot that we held outside of Roscoe's.

We also had a fun search for the Playboy mansion which we found according to Kellie and are still in search of according to Andrew. Along the way Andrew made a habit of lighting his lanyard on fire repeatedly which caused Kellie to tell him to "stop releasing ass into the air". Which I later realized was probably "stop releasing GAS into the air". But I think what I heard the first time was funnier so I'm leaving it. Ha. Anyhoodles...I highly enjoyed the group snuggle-fest on Kellie's super soft and cuddly blanket over by In N Out to watch the planes come in. I would really enjoy giving this another try some time for an extended period of time when we can have more blankets available and nobody (specifically me) has to be at work early the next morning. I honestly truly enjoy hanging out with these people for any amount of time that I can. I laugh so often with them and I feel like I can be my weird ass self and not only will they tolerate it, they often seem to embrace it :). It's fun when you don't have to fake it. (That's what she said...ZING!)

Anyway...with all of the talk of the economy and the recession on the ride home, not to mention the extended conversation I had with Andy about it yesterday, I'm becoming more and more greatful that I got a job when I did. As much as Sam drives me crazy and as terrified as I am to get stuck in this job if Nikki leaves, I'm thankful that I at least have a job that gives me a steady paycheck. Even though I sincerely wish that I could chuck it all and work at Border's all the time, I know that it's not in the cards for me. When Nadia jokingly suggested that I quit my job and be training supervisor, I really wished it was a possibility. But even on the off chance that I would get the job, I would only make enough to JUST get by. I would live paycheck to paycheck and I've done that for the last 5 years of my life. I'm over it. I like being able to make car payments that go towards the loan, not just the interest. I like building a savings account. And most importantly of all...I'd never see Kellie or Bonnie outside of work if we were ALL supervisors. Ha. That would suck.

Anyway. Lots of changes are in the air as I mentioned in the last post. We shall see where they all lead me.

1 comment:

KTP said...

Kaitlin, that was an excellent post.

btw, I was saying GAS and not ASS. But I did chuckle quite a bit as I read that part.