Monday, June 16, 2008

For Bonnie

I love you wifey. Forgive me?

Here's my theory on how to survive my job until at least September. I need to get through this week and a half day on Monday and then I get two weeks off to galavant around Europe. That puts me into July. It'll be a month of really annoying shit because Nikki will probably put in notice and it will be the whole finding a new person thing and she'll probably be out at times to interview. So I need to power through July. Then August he'll only be in the office for a total of like 7 days because he's traveling so much. So I need to bs my way through August and hopefully there will be a new Nikki and I won't be by myself. And if I can last until September, that's 8 solid months on my resume. Then, if I feel like I can do it, I'll power through until January, but that all depends on how I feel come September. We'll see. Right now, I don't like my job that much. It hasn't been too horrible lately, but it's just a general over-arching sense of dread every morning. Bleh.

After that...who knows. Maybe I'll try to find another job as an assistant, preferably with a producer, but they aren't exactly handing those out. I know that my job is better than some. I get overtime on top of my salary and they don't expect me to stay late or come in on weekends. I get a lot of shit at the office and a lot of worry outside of it, but my schedule is pretty set at 9-6:30...although most nights I don't leave till close to 7. But my weekends are mine and my evenings are not marred by phone calls from my boss. In fact, I've made it a point to not give either boss my cell phone number or personal email. They don't need it, and I don't want to give them the option to use it.

Perhaps I'll find a normal person job doing hr or data entry or something. I wish I could find a really well paying receptionist job for like 12/hr, but then I'm sure I'd be painfully bored all the time. I don't know what i want to do really. Working on actual productions would be ideal but that would involve me knowing someone on a production. Bleh.

On a lighter note...I auditioned to take classes at the Groundlings yesterday and I found out today that I passed! So either in July or August I'll start taking classes on Sundays so that my life is not completely focused on work and how much I hate it. Everyone has told me that work is what fills the time in between doing what you like, and now I have something to look forward to every Sunday. It'll be 3 and a 1/2 hours of class once a week for 12 weeks. And my savings account will be ever so slightly smaller. But worth it. I'd rather have a tighter monetary belt and a smile on my face. Anyway, back to work for me since I have an itinerary to finish, but I'm in a good mood now :)

1 comment:

God said...

ssssssweeeeeeeeet! i can't wait to watch you do improv! thanks for the blog.