She made me promise that I would update before she came home from Washington. And since that's tomorrow...I should probably get it together. Alright, let's see, what's new in my life. Well...I've been consumed with nervousness for the last month ever since the day my boss told me that I needed to put together a presentation for him to show during his panel discussion at a music conference in Spain. So I basically needed to do the power point and structure his presentation for him. Because he does nothing. So I was freaking out about it and didn't quite know what he wanted because he gave me no guidelines. So my brother gave me a crash course in power point because I don't remember anything from my high school Computer Applications class. I used to be pretty good at it, but alas it's all been replaced with things like how to scan things to the general office directory and how to fax internationally. Like when Homer learns something new and then forgets how to breathe because there's only so much room in the brain...or something like that.
Anyway. I finished the slides yesterday and presented him with it. In anticipation of this event, I had booked myself a massage to release all of the tension created by my job. I figured it would either be an "I hate my job/life and need a massage so I don't cry" massage, or it would be a "OMG he liked it and I can finally relax" massage. So I hesitantly approached him with much fear and anticipation and asked if I could show it to him. He looked at me like I was insane and I feared he was about to tell me that he no longer needed it. But no. He just couldn't remember what I was talking about because he's old. So he looked at it and asked for an additional slide on video games and said "You know...I really like the look of this, this is perfect". And I swear to god I almost died on the spot. This man doesn't like things. Nothing is ever good enough! So I made a few changes that he requested and he even took a copy with him to his meeting today as a "PR tool". So it was a relaxing massage for me last night. Unfortunately, I am now 8 kinds of sore because in order to loosen the knots in my shoulders she essentially had to beat the shit out of my muscles. But it's a good sore. At least now I can move and stretch as opposed to the fun blocky shouldered robot thing I previously had going on.
Yesterday was also Ms. Kellie's birthday and I got to talk to her and the wifey as they drove around Washington D.C. and subsequently drove me to new heights in jealousy. They got to see many hot uniformed men at the Pentagon including one who was all kind of sarcastic goodness. Le sigh, it's like my dream come true. And my new mission is to gather a group together so that we can all enjoy the Spy Museum with a dedicated team of code crackers. I am not, however, jealous of the humidity and grossness that they are experiencing. Sweaty upper lips are not my forte.
And finally, we had a pre-departure meeting at the high school for the trip that leaves in ELEVEN DAYS. Holy mother of god that's really close. I didn't even realize. I need to wash all my clothes and set aside my vacation stuff so that don't wear it before. There are errands to be run and lists to be made before next weekend. I need to be totally packed by Sunday evening because I'm coming in for a half day of work on Monday and then leaving straight from here for the flyaway. Bah, I hate flying. I need to pick up at least four books before I leave on this trip. One for the flight out, two for the trip, and one for the flight back. I generally end up reading all four before we fly back and then buy a book at the airport. I know I have at least one book I can take and I want to re-read da vinci code because we're going to France and I like reading about things I'm about to see :). And then I think I'll finally get around to memory keeper's daughter...now just one more. Any recommendations? I'm trying to not go the romance route because I'll read it too fast. Any mysteries or fiction anyone would want to introduce me to?
Alright, back to work for me, I'll try and update again soon but I can't make any guarantees...
Thursday, June 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thank you Kaitlin
I enjoyed that more than you'll know.
i see how it is...i ask you to update for like a month straight and kellie asks and it is done. i may have to draft up some divorce papers...
Post a Comment