Monday, July 14, 2008

back again

I have too much to write and therefore write nothing. Because I keep saying that I don't have enough time to properly write a blog. I went to England and France and it was awesome. London felt kind of like a tease because the charm of the city is being able to do it on your own time. To just enjoy the bustle of the underground and grab dinner at pizza express (which I never got...drool) before going to a play. Sadly, their mission was to show everyone as much of the city as possible in what was essentially two short days. I totally get that and I agree, it just sucked. If I'd had my way I probably would've gone to at least one other show, wandered around the Victoria & Albert museum FINALLY, and revisited the section of London that I lived in since it's so quaint and village-y. But none of that was possible due to our crazy time constraints. Sad.

Once we left London the trip became a lot more like the trips of yore for me because I was doing stuff I'd never done before. It was exploring again! Dover and the uber awesome secret war time tunnels were definitely a highlight. That was really cool to see. I also wish that we had more time at Versailles because I didn't even get to go down and explore the gardens due to the time constraints. I essentially just had to admire them from up top and pretend I was frolicking. They're so deceptive because they look decently sized and then you notice how small the people look and you go "OMG it must be huge...". I also wish we could've spent more time in Normandie. The museum alone could've held my attention for an entire day, and I know that Joe and I both could've spent more time at the American cemetery above Omaha Beach. I definitely wasn't expecting for that day to be so emotionally taxing. I'd like to describe that day in fuller detail both to share and to remember, but I don't have the time today :( I'll have to post again later.

2 comments:

God said...

i'm glad you're back.

KTP said...

Ahem... next?