THIS cracks me up.
I love the British.
Anyway. Busy weekend. Friday, Andy made me dinner and we watched the Bucket List. I cried because I'm lame. Saturday we drove down to San Diego. I kind of hate going down when it's to fix the computer. I feel like I'm obligated to sit and make small talk with her while Andy works on the computer, and frankly, I get bored fairly easily. So the last couple of times I bailed out and he went solo. Well he kind of guilted me into it this time and I said I'd go if he took me to Ghiradelli :) So I got me a caramel cookie bottom sundae and it was delightful. Sadly, there were no carne asada fries, but I probably would've hurled if I had both. Anyway, since I was guilted into going, I took a book and read. So I spoke when necessary and read when it was quiet. Is that bitchy? I'm not sure, but I kind of didn't care this time around. Came back on Saturday and Andy didn't feel well so I fed him and put him to bed (he's my little toddler apparently) and went over to game night. Was once again reminded of the fact that I tend to make friends with very competitive people :). Stupid Cupid's was closed early and I didn't get my hot dog!
But we did get to mock the Miss America contestants and play Apples to Apples and Scene It. Way to go wifey, we rule at Scene It! Oh! and wifey got me Josephine's autograph on a Some Like It Hot postcard! I loves it! And it totally matches my old school postcards that I have framed, so it's getting its own frame and going on the wall. Thank youuuuuuuu!!
Yesterday was beautiful and Andy and I went miniature golfing. We each won one and we saw the fattest, most ridiculous rabbits at the golf course. And the guy in front of us totally picked one up by the ears! I feel like that can't feel pleasant. Then the rabbit started kicking and going nuts and he dropped it and it almost fell in the miniature golf lake. It was ridiculous. I then got to play two rounds of skee ball because I love it, and we had lunch at Fuddruckers. Word of advice, get the kids meal. It's $6 and you get a cheeseburger, fries, a soda, and a cookie. Andy got fries and a 1/3 pound burger and it looked almost identical to mine. PLUS i got a soda and a cookie for less total than he paid. Excellent. Went home and watched The Golden Com-pasta which we actually kind of enjoyed. It makes me feel better about the Twilight sequel. Which speaking of that, Dakota Fanning has confirmed that she's in talks to play Jane in New Moon. I'm totally OK with that. She looks how I imagined her, and I think she could totally pull it off.
After Golden Compass we proceeded to watch "Nature: Is That Skunk?" Which was super interesting. For one, the spotted skunk does a friggin HANDSTAND when it's threatening to spray. It was ridiculous to watch a skunk do a handstand. And they showed a close up of a skunk spraying, and it looks like mustard. It's super gross. I was eating at the time which was unfortunate. There are also states where it's legal to keep a skunk as a pet, and they've been bred in a variety of colors, most of which are white-ish. It's weird. We also watched a show on pilots of Marine 1 which is the President's helicopter. That was pretty interesting. You have to be crazy good and apparently you always have to land on the South Lawn on these three individual discs so you don't mess up the lawn, so you have to be super precise. Our final show was Extreme Shooting or something like that. It was all of these marksmen who are friggin RIDICULOUS. We watched a guy shoot a bullet through a metal washer, a guy split an arrow, and a guy shoot down a hanging victim (aka bag of potatoes) in one shot. It was out of control. There were also these two army snipers that got 7 fatal body shots on one target from 1000 yards. Out of control.
Monday, January 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
love you!
sorry about the hot dog tragedy. I'll buy you one next time.
So I heard you were in San Diago...
Where is this Ghirardelli place??
I totally feel like cupids now...
and I also feel like buying a gun...
So I can shoot at hanging potatoes.
Post a Comment