On a good note, when I took the bandage off on Sunday morning, the difference between Saturday and Sunday was freakish. It looked soooooo much better. I was still having trouble walking normally though, let alone running. And yet I STILL played in a softball double header on Sunday. Why? Because the girls on our team blow balls and even with a peg leg, I'm more of an asset. To be fair, they're not really "girls". 3 of them are OLD. Like have grandchildren old. One of them is kind of hit or miss and another just sucks. This is not a matter of me bragging. This is process of elimination. It would be similar to if I said I'm the smartest one! And my competition was like a squirrel, a paper clip, and Carrot Top. I win by default.
So I played first base and generally just caught what was thrown to me. Nice. The only low point was when the third basemen threw it in the dirt and it popped over my glove and INTO MY LEG. It hit the corner of my bandage and all was not right in my world. ow. It didn't actually hit the scrape, but it hit close enough to hurt. A bruise is in progress. I love bruises! All of the battle scar story and none of the scar! I also managed to get on base 3 times by peg-legging my way to first and getting a runner. *pats self on back* My brother kept going "Yar, ye hits well". Jerk.
Anyway...we lost both games and i was glad to collapse into a tub at my parent's house after. I also saw Wolverine on Saturday. A nice popcorn blockbuster, but I've definitely seen better. I think we were all spoiled last summer with The Dark Knight and Iron Man. We know what comic book movies can be and this was not on par. Also, a criminal underusage of Ryan Reynolds!!!! Hot AND funny???? Just let him and Hugh banter for two hours whilst flexing their manly muscley bits and I'll see it 5 times. Also, Taylor Kitsch...I love you on Friday Night Lights you brooding hunk of hot, but you didn't even TRY to give me a convincing Cajun accent. C'mon! You let me down :( ::le sigh::.
Otherwise...the world continues spinning and I continue to hold on. I'm looking forward to Friday. Go Doyers!
Monday, May 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
: ) glad that the wound is on the mend.
DOYERS!!!
word verification: perif...as in, on friday you might see Russell Martin in your perif
Post a Comment