The apartment fire alarm went off last night at 2am and rang for about 45 minutes. The fire department was called and they had to walk the whole building to make sure there was no fire before they could stop it. They turned it off and then it proceeded to go on and off for another 20 minutes. Finally laid down around 3:15am and had trouble sleeping since I kept imagining what I would grab in case of fire. I settled on a handful of items. If it's a fast grab and go, it would be the external hard drive with all of my desktop computer backup, the laptop, and my phone/purse. If I have like 5 minutes, I would probably grab (in addition to the other items i mentioned) my laundry basket (all my clothes would be ruined in event of fire, why not save a giant bag of them? also, it provides a hand carry all for everything else), the framed pictures i have of various people/places, my jewelry box, and my file folder that has all of my bills/paperwork stuff in it. I was aiming for irreplaceable stuff, or things that it would be a huge hassle to replace. i think my brain did ok. what would you guys save in a fire?
anyway, now i'm at work. i almost called out for the morning and went back to bed but instead i manned up and now i'm here in a vaguely zombie-like state. then my boss called in yawning all "i'm soooooo tired, it's soooooooooo hard to get out of bed". she's definitely still at home at 10:30. grrr. she was like "you sound tired" and i told her what happened and she was like "oh i'm really sorry to hear that...it's gonna be a long day". nice. i was like in my perfect world you would say "take the morning off! go get some sleep!". in my slightly nicer world you would say "oh, go take a nap on the couch in my office while i get ready for work!". but no. the real world reigns supreme. plus, my jaw locks every time i yawn. so today is already awesome!!! now i'm merging from exhausted into giddy. i should go eat something.
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment