Monday, October 27, 2008



I saw this clip of Meet the Robinsons today at work when Tiny is like "my head is too big and my arms are too small" and this part where he tucks his tail under his chin and goes "...Master?" just KILLS ME. He's just too precious for words. I want to hug him.

Anyway, I finished North and South and I wish it was longer. I also really want to watch the Colin Firth P&P now that I'm all invested in the BBC drama. I still don't own it. Isn't that horrible? I might go pick it up from Target this week because I know they usually carry it for fairly cheap. Good lord I almost died when Margaret kissed his hand. You stupid woman why did you take so long?! And frankly, Thornton is just so manly she almost seemed to weak for him. Although compared to his sister I guess Margaret was downright fiery. I guess the moral of the story is that you'll cave and settle once everyone starts dying. I kid...I enjoyed it highly despite the grimness of some of the episodes.

Magic Castle was last night. My feet are very mad at me today and I was very jealous of Kellie's flats. Boo you whore. I know I didn't HAVE to wear heels but it just makes everything look better! Mainly my man calves. And I'm not kidding about those, I've been looking for knee high boots for like 2 years and nothing ever zips up. And the ones made for "large calves" are all ugly. I was thankful that we got the private show with the three magicians so that we got at least one solid show in. Dude, the chickens?? Anyway, after going back and forth through the stinking place trying to get into shows we finally got to do the parlour show, much to that cranky woman's chagrin. It was much fun and the crazy magician man scared me with a snake. Also, that toilet paper trick is far harder when you're the one in the chair!

Anyway, everyone had to hop on out after the parlour but Andy and I stayed and got into the Close Up Gallery to see a lovely British gentleman do some CRAZY ASS CARD TRICKS. I was the last one in the gallery and they asked me to please sit at the table with him so I got chosen TWICE to be the magician's assistant! The second time was awkward because I was sitting in front of about 20 people making random chit chat. Then they started asking me questions while we waited about 5 minutes for the magician. It was odd. I also requested that the phantom piano player play "Back in Black" by AC/DC and it totally did! I wanted to request Sexy Back by Justin Timberlake but when we came out of the Close Up show they had shut it down for the night. I was sad :( Anyway, I would love to go back and have dinner on some weeknight and just wander around in more comfortable shoes. I was hoping to buy a picture and get the pass to go back (ideally for Robbie's birthday) but they had no photographers :( That was sad times.

Anyhoodles. Everyone looked very pretty and I enjoyed the magic I saw.
Craziest trick by far: The straight jacket chickens.
Funniest moment: "touch the bottom of the sack and cough". hehehe.
Most retarded thing I was entertained by: the owl at the entrance :)

1 comment:

God said...

I have that P&P if you want to borrow.

I want to go back to Magic Castle...too bad that will never happen.