Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Castle of Magic

I have a massive crush on a magician. His name is Jason Latimer, or "Latimer". He's too cute for words. The pictures aren't really my type but in person he's goofy and adorable and I want to eat him with a spoon! Gah! Or pinch his cheeks. He's precious. I linked a youtube video below. (Side note: In the course of writing this post he accepted my facebook friend request and I giggled...I'm shameful) We saw him do this trick in the Close Up Gallery and it was out of control. Like I could tell he was holding balls in his hands but not WHERE THEY WERE COMING FROM. My mind was blown. Despite poor food reviews on sites like yelp, I highly enjoyed my food. I had the filet mignon and split a side of mac and 4 cheese and it was delicious. Nom nom nom. We got to see the palace show after dinner and it was pretty good. The MC looked like a young Mr. Bean. I enjoyed him and he was charming. The middle guy was kind of weird and boring. Like the trick was cool but he was kind of slow and he wasn't a very good showman. The LAST guy however was a young dude from Spain and he was amazing at sleight of hand. He also had a really cute accent. Much like Latimer, I could see cards showing up in his hand but had NO IDEA where they were coming from. I literally watched part of it with my head in my hands because I was so confused.

We got out of there around 11 and both the Close Up show and the Parlour shows at 11:30pm were full already so we chilled out by the bar downstairs and waited for the 12:15am show. Latimer is so cool that instead of the usual 4 or 5 shows, he crammed in 7. He literally threw out the time table and just started going back to back to back. So we got the last show which shouldn't have even existed and we were soooooo glad we waited as I've detailed above. See his youtube video below.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVohRe3tsu8

Then we went outside to the valet to find a DOWNPOUR, a deluge if you will. It was raining crazy hard. Driving home was like fording a damn river. I couldn't see any lines on the freeway which made me very nervous. Then the intersection at lankershim and vineland was completely flooded. I think I floated through it. Then! I drove through the alley next to my apartment and it was so flooded the whole way down that I was sending up water sprays on both side of my car taller than my car itself so I couldn't see ANYTHING. It was out of control. I finally got it parked and our spots are not covered so I had to get out of car and under the roof fast. Well what did I manage to do? In my sensible black suede ballet flats (no more heels at the castle!), I stepped directly into not one but TWO giant puddles. My feet got soaked and my shoes were less than dry...which is unfortunate for suede. So that was a bit of a downer.

Anyway today is a half day at work so two more hours and I get to make the drive out to Valencia for the annual pie making procedure. I also need to stop at the bank to deposit my paycheck and my (dun dunna dun!) big check. :) So yay for that! I have a strong feeling that Thanksgiving is going to suck balls tomorrow due to a change in the general Turkey Day procedures. I'll fill you all in after the fact. Bleh.

Also, Andy got offered a job! He's been working an unpaid internship in an un-named company's IT department for the last month and he's been putting in crazy hours. Like 11 hour work days sometimes and working for portions of Saturdays. It's intense. So they offered him a contract position starting in January since he's shown them he has "a good work ethic", and he'll be making more than me. And I've already gotten a promotion! Jerk. :O) Hey, now he can buy me pretty things! I kid...but not really I love presents. I'm like KTP that way. Alright I'm on a coffee high so back to work I go. And by that I mean back to trolling the internet until 1pm. :)

See you all Friday and have a happy Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

God said...

"Like I could tell he was holding balls in his hands but not WHERE THEY WERE COMING FROM. My mind was blown."

hehehehe

God said...

by the way I am jealous

ROBOT ON said...

balls... cups... where?? hands???... HELMUTTT!!! 0_0

ROBOT ON said...

in response to the magic, I must post this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwU2MdQ3c_0