So...my Thanksgiving was meh.
The TRADITIONAL KFP Thanksgiving: Family goes over to the Aunt and Uncle's house around noon, I peel potatoes, set the table, roll the crescent rolls and generally sit around reading a book and playing with the dogs until food time. A few family friends come over for the day and enjoy with us We also partake in a fun game of "Anybody, Anybody, Anybody, Kait"*. See * for a description. We then eat yummy homemade deliciousness until we feel set to explode and watch the telly until we've created enough room for pie. It's a good day.
This Year's KFP Thanksgiving: The family friends at a traditional Thanksgiving have asked to host it this year. My family is prone to guilting and agrees to go over there. We arrive first around 2 and are greeted with 5 tables set for 30. The hell? The kitchen is packed with foil dishes ready to be placed in the oven. What's in these dishes pray tell? Well it's our future dinner frozen into their geometrical square blocks courtesy of your local Ralph's. Oh joy! I only knew about 8 of the 30 guests, most of whom were very loud and pushy. Goody. I also got to share my table with the mother of the hostess who at 90 is just a delight. And by delight I mean she's going absolutely bonkers and on top of that is belligerent about it. She has no dexterity so she eats with her hands, but will go to pick up her cup and inevitably knock it over. So when she reaches for her cup and you ask her if she needs help she yells at you. She's crotchety. Humph. I left shortly after pie and went home to an empty house which was awesome and vegged out in front of my computer and watched gossip girl for four hours. That part was great.
Then Black Friday came. I opened and proceeded to spend my entire shift, save one hour, on reg due to the interference of the Goblin. She did give me my picture of me and Rocco, but she banished me to the reg due to her hob-gobling. Wench. At least when I'm on the reg I feel competent so that was good. I only had to ask one question I think. *pats self on back*. Anyway after work my screaming feet/legs (I haven't been on my feet for that long since the Disneyland trip) and I met Emelie at the Burbank mall and made a few purchases at the fun sale prices. After trying some jeans on I've come to the conclusion that mama has gained too much weight since leaving college and I need to be more active. Plus, Andy and I have gone hiking twice in the last few weeks and I felt like my lungs were being gripped by the icy fist of death. Remember my wheezing at kickball? Not good. Speaking of kickball, let's play soon!
Anyway. I'm now only one episode behind on Gossip Girl and my goal is to watch it tonight before the new episode so that I can watch it with Brittany. Kellie, I still have one episode left but so far I feel that the boy you mentioned in our last conversation is a creeper. I don't want to trust him. And now back to work I go. Sorry this was so long and pictureless...I can only do so much from work.
*This joyous little tradition is normally referred to as "bocce ball" or "lawn bowling". The way we play is that it doesn't matter who comes in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd, as long as Kait comes in last. Isn't my family just hysterical...no. It got a lot more fun once I figured out (around the age of 15) that as long as I came in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd, I won. That means my margin of success is huge. And yes, my family does call me Kait or Kaity depending on who you're speaking to. None of them call me Kaitlin. I didn't really realize this until Thursday when I introduced myself as Kaitlin at the same time someone introduced me as Kait. Weird.
Monday, December 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment