We're going out to dinner tonight...I said he had to keep his work clothes on so that I could wear a dress. Ha. Poor guy.
I surprised him on Saturday with a trip to the star party at the Griffith Observatory. The LA Astronomical Society sets up all their telescopes on the lawn and you can look at all the pretty things. Sadly...Saturday was overcast and you couldn't even look at the moon because it was hidden. Lame. My surprise failed. We ended up driving out to Pasadena to go out to dinner and he showed me where he works and we stopped by City Hall which is friggin gorgeous, especially with the Christmas tree. We swung by the restaurant he had in mind but it looked too busy and parking was $20...so we took our elderly selves home and got in n out and watched Transformers on HBO. God we're exciting. Then Sunday we hauled ass out to the beach to try to catch the sunset but traffic was against us and the sun sank super fast before we even had a chance to park. We still took pictures with Andy's fancy new camera and ended up going to see Quantum of Solace. Not a bad movie but I think I liked Casino Royale more. That one seemed to have more of a cohesive plot.
Today I do not want to work and am twiddling my thumbs until I can go home. I've also begun a love affair with turkey burgers. They're delicious. I'm trying to eat healthier so my lunch today was a turkey burger patty, some lightly salted cherry tomatoes, bell pepper strips, a couple slices of cheese, and a wheat tortilla. It was accompanied by a diet coke and my 100 calorie pack of ralph's caramel shortbread cookies. They're yummy. nom nom nom. I have a bag of avocadoes waiting to be eaten on my counter, they're just not ripe yet. Oh, how I wish they were...
Also, someone responded to my Petia post and they KNEW WHO I WAS TALKING ABOUT! Go look at the note, it was amazing. I am now friends with her on facebook. I'm not going to lie, there was a second while I was reading that I thought they were going to yell at me for the post or be like "She's my sister you bitch!". But it wasn't really unflattering per se...just...honest. She WAS a delightful tour guide. A great story at the very least. :) And here is a picture of Petia:
No comments:
Post a Comment