Monday, December 22, 2008

The weekend...

So for starters, I'm currently jealous of everyone who has the next two weeks off. You all suck. But past that!

Friday was Wifey's party and I had a delightful time despite the traffic that prevented me from being on time. I got to see some Border's favorites, build a bitchin' graham cracker cookie house, and LOSE the gift wrapping competition. For shame...I don't even know the girl I lost to. But I have the panda head to console me. So that's nice.

Saturday I had class and chatted with some of my classmates after. Learned some things I didn't know about the program which are kind of intimidating. Apparently once you get to the level 3 writing lab, you only get one shot. If you don't pass the first time, you're done with the program. That seems retarded, but I assume they do it out of necessity since there's a 6 month wait list for the writing lab. There's a year and a half wait list for advanced. Isn't that ridiculous? Also found out that a guy auditing our class who is waiting for an advanced class to open up thinks our teacher is "much harder" than his previous intermediate class. Even HE feels like crap when he leaves class! That made me feel marginally better. I HIGHLY doubt I will pass intermediate this time around but I now feel much better about trying the level again with a new teacher. So there's that.

Then Andy and I ran some errands and picked up some Christmas presents. Then that night we made latkas in honor of Hanukkah!! We burned most of them trying to find the right balance of heat and thickness, but the ones that came out well were goooooooood. He had me try them with apple sauce and sour cream and it was super yummy. The sour cream made them more savory while the apple sauce made it more dessert-y. Sunday Marie and I (and Andy helped) tried to do the Wicked lottery TWICE and lost both times. Sad face for us. In between the shows we went home and made pizza and guacamole and watched P.S. I Love You which is just painful. It's a good movie and Gerard Butler is HOTT but it's just such a painfully sad topic. Usually you cry at the end of movies. I was getting choked up like 20 minutes in.

Anyway, Sunday night we made matzo ball soup and lit the menorah (Andy wore a yamulke!) for the first night of Hanukkah and watched Cars on the telly (so cute! I love Guido!!) while I made cookies for Andy's mom. His dad loves those dutch shortbread cookies with the thick sugar sprinkles (me too!) so he got a tin of those and I made his mom weight watchers 1 pt. cookies so she can have some holiday yumminess too. I need to make Maria something tonight but I'm not sure what. I bought a mirror for her office since the old one broke but I wanted to do some chocolate covered pretzels or graham crackers maybe. We'll see.

And I'm excited that Kellie and I pretty much work the same shift on Christmas Eve. Huzzah for that. We have plans for a Panera lunch. I'm even more excited for that. Yummy bread bowl of soupy goodness. I just realized I need to wrap presents soon. Maybe I'll put on Love Actually and get wrapping tonight. That sounds like a good plan :)

No comments: