Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Ow.

I am sore. As mentioned a while back, I have been trying to make an effort to run more so that I don't feel so effing wheezy whenever I exert myself. It's been going well thus far, I was running a mile in about 12-12 1/2 minutes when I started out and on Saturday I did it in 10. So I've already improved! I also started doing lunges after because I can't for the life of me figure out how to do legs on the nautilus machine unless it's already set up for that. anyway. the lunges on saturday had my calves sore and my quads were tired but ok. then i played softball on sunday and the constant squat down into the ready position every time we pitched made my quads very angry. VERY ANGRY. It's two days later and I still whimper when I crouch down. I was making dinner last night and when i sat on the stool to look at the contents of our fridge, I pretty much teared up from the action of sitting. This is sad that I am that out of shape. But alas, it's all on the road to getting healthier! This is also to say nothing of the finger bruises that I showed most of you at the Oscar viewing. They've pretty much faded by now, but Monday morning they were kind of an ugly brownish color, and they took up quite a bit of room on my fingers. I still need to get a batting glove with padding to avoid these situations further.

Anyhoodles...Saturday I will be going to the chiropractor with my madre. This is in a bid to try and avoid more migraines in my future. Then I will be taking her to see Pippin at the Mark Taper Forum. They are doing it in conjunction with a Deaf theatre company and they incorporate ASL into the performance. I'm excited to see it. I took sign language in college and we'll see if I remember anything :) Plus, my mom is the one who got me the theatre passport so I want to take her to at least one show. Anyway...I'm really excited for the next season at the Ahmanson. They're doing Spamalot, August Osage County (which won the drama Tony this year), Dreamgirls, Mary Poppins, and South Pacific. I got to see Mary Poppins when it first went up in London and it's awesome. The only downfall is when the children's toys come to life and you have giant dolls and clowns dancing about and singing. That's just scary.

What else? It's been awhile. Marie spoiled the reader for me. That was fun. We were watching a clip of it during one of the oscar shows and she goes "that's the moment i knew (blah blah blah)" and totally gave away a plot twist. and brittany and i were like "neat, we haven't seen that". i hate when that happens.

alright i've blathered enough. bye bye.

No comments: