I threw myself a pity party today. Despite the title, none of you were invited, so there. HA! Twas a combination of things culminating in a very down trodden KFP for most of the day. Work wasn't terrible today, but it was just the right amount of soul crushing to make it count. I was fairly on top of my shit so nothing went "wrong" per se, but it's difficult to explain. I also got a migraine last night which always starts the day off right. Then I got all sullen that I'm not in Colorado, my apologies to BMG and KTP. It was triggered by the realization that I missed out on 4 separate trips with friends because I couldn't take the time off of work in the last 8 months (including effing Costa Rica!). It made me bitter towards my job. The first two missed invitations were easier to reconcile because France and England were there to console me. Now...not so much. But I've since moved on. Things picked up over lunch. I watched some Forrest Gump which was a delight as always. But the BEST part of the day was that I had a card from Nadia! I adore getting mail! It's even cooler when it's from an actual person! Especially a cool one! Thank you so much :) It made me smile and picked my day up considerably :) I picked it up off the table and went "NADIA!!" prompting my roommate to poke her head out and ask if I was OK. Ha.
The general feeling of moroseness (totally a word, i double checked!) continued until about 5. Work slowed down and it was the home stretch so it was a lot easier. I've also begung compiling a list (a short one) of things I'd like to purchase before I quit my job. Top of that list is a laptop. I've never had one and I like the mobility. Plus, I've had my desktop for 6 years. I found one that I liked and that Andy approved of that was only $400. So that's cool that there's an option out there for fairly cheap. (I thought it would be closer to $800). But I'd rather not buy anything until summer at the earliest since laptops go technically out of touch so quickly.
Anyhoodle. So sorry to the Colorado-ians for my down trodden demanor, I am just sad I could not be there. I am all for your snowy adventures and shall be far more excitable from hence forth. I am off to pick up some goodies at Trader Joe's and run my ass off at the gym. Huzzah!
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yay, you got my card! I was scared that it would get lost because I didn't know your address. I didn't want to ask either because then you would know something was up. So I went back to one of those Facebook events that you posted and copied it from there. Then I got really scared and thought you might have moved, haha. But you got it, and I'm happy it made your day better. :)
Post a Comment