So the whole concept of the 25 things about me craze is so interesting to me. I've seen a few interesting variations. Some people went nuts and did 30. Some did one thing that was less than flattering towards those that have hopped on the band wagon. Still others were clever little pokes at it. My personal favorite being:
1) I often confuse the number 25 with the number 1.
That was it. Ha.
Anyway, instead of posting long ass messages in the comments section, I've decided to have a round table discussion of sorts. By myself. Ha. (update: in retrospect, this is really a giant selfish game of "how your 25 relate to my life!". also, this is really long. sorry.)
Wifey:
The commentary on the hating v. normal made me laugh uncomfortably. Like haha...wait, am i hated? no...of course not...haha...right? Also, your 2 year anniversary at Borders is my 1 year at GSA. Interesante! I also find that I have the same problem regarding things like DVD's and books. I definitely own some DVD's that I have yet to watch. It's almost like a status symbol. As in, these are the things that I want people to know that I own. These are for my bookshelf, not for me watching. Another thing I do is buy books instead of going to the library. That's something I should work on. Anyway, the writing critique comment also made me go "aah...my poor shitty blog". But true love conquers boring writing, eh? :)
Anyway, my personal favorite was:
9. I still have my V-card and will only cash it in at a quality establishment.
"quality establishment". oh man...i loves it. i REALLY do. well done wifey. :)
this one made me saddest:
21. You don't know me.
but i so want to...
KTP:
Much like your listing, I'm going to address them backwards, and in dashes since I don't know how to do the bullet points that you're so fond of.
-I love sneezing. Someone once stopped me mid-sneeze by squeezing my noise. I wanted to punch them in the face.
+First off, what kind of crazy fucker squeezes your nose at all, let alone when you're about to sneeze? What if they just got snot on? EW. Second, I think the noise typo was funny because I haven't found an appropriate visual of someone squeezing your noise. What does that look like?
-I wouldn’t mind living in Wyoming. With the cows.
+We have frequently driven through this "state" on road trips and always had a bad experience. It's like they're trying to keep us out. My family refers to it as "Idaho" or "that place". They might disown me if I visited :) So don't go there!
+Nick Nolte does nothing for me. at all. except look scary in his mug shot. hate on.
+spunch?
Nadizzle:
I am so impressed by your dedication to languages. I'm just terrible at them. I took three years of spanish and learned practically nothing. i'm pretty fantastic at english, but i cannot conjugate in another language to save my life. that is why i took sign language in college. you don't have to conjugate with your fingers! special fun fact: when i was taking asl, i used to see how fast i could finger spell "I can't believe it's not butter". we also had competitions to see who could do supercalifragilistic...yeah i never won.
Similar, but not quite, to your story about going to middle school where they knew your family, from 7-12 grade I was always either "Joe's little sister" or "coach sullivan's daughter". shit got old quick.
You friggin met the fonze! badass! what was his lawyer character named on arrested development? he was great on there...
In closing:
Thank you for posting! I think you all indulged me, and I certainly appreciate it. I hoped for maybe one or two and got three! Yay! I've also since come up with other far more interesting items I could've used. I leave you with some examples:
26. Similar to my ASL story above, I frequently subconsciously type out what i'm thinking/saying. Sometimes you'll notice my fingers kind of twitching when i'm sitting around or chatting. They're typing out my thoughts. Or if I'm watching TV my fingers will start "typing" a word or phrase over and over and I have to slow it down to figure out what I'm typing. Weird, I know.
27. My mom has had a hearing aid since she was in her teens. It was never odd to me until a friend asked me about it in high school. I always thought they were really common I guess.
Sidebar:
I think we're all aware how much I enjoy trivia. To me, these lists are like learning new trivia about people I love. I didn't realize it would be so universally disliked, or that anyone would feel forced into it. Also, if you're not comfortable having them up, then please take them down. No biggie. I wouldn't have been offended if you'd never done it, maybe just a little disappointed since I think they're fun to read. So I'm glad I got to read them, and do with them what you will, they were only intended as a bit of fun. No pressure, peer or otherwise.
Friday, February 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think the annoying part of the process was figuring out 25 interesting things about myself that I don't mind sharing with the world. Plus I have a really bad memory so I can never think of good stories.
Post a Comment