Monday, August 17, 2009

I love books where I'm so into them that I get mad when I have to work or drive because they're keeping me from knowing the story. I wish I could write like that.

I felt that way about the harry potters and the twilight series. one or two jodi picoult's as well.

Time Traveler's Wife is my latest obsession. I love her writing style, and I love Henry's voice. Plus, the whole concept is really neat. Little things slip in one scene and I NEED TO KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS. I can only imagine how it would be for the actual wife (Clare). Anyway, I love it and I'm excited to see what Rachel McAdams and Eric Bana do with it. Not ruin it would be ideal.

did you know the sherman oaks borders has a book club? i saw a listing for it in the paper. i got jealous. i TOTALLY would've done a book club at northridge. i'm seriously considering the book club at the north hollywood library that meets once a month on sundays. speaking of northridge, i asked the girl next to me at work if she knew who nathan fillion was and she said "oh yeah, captain tight pants". i laughed. i told bonnie all i wanted from the signing was a piece of paper with the sentence "the hammer is my penis" and his signature. and a picture too, that'd be great. :)

anyway...registered for the avatar footage screening this morning, the site crashed and blew balls. finally got to the right page with no links. lame. finally got to the page WITH links. there was an error with my request. finally got to the request page but it kept timing out and I'd have to submit again. FINALLY GOT IT TO WORK. then i received 19 confirmation emails. so fox is clearly on their game with this promotion. epic fail.

1 comment:

God said...

we have a book club. supposed to meet every fourth thursday of the month...? I don't think anyone ever shows up. But if you're interested, the current book is Art of Racing in the Rain. Also, surprise surprise, a book we are tracking the sales of.