Wednesday, August 5, 2009

weirdest night of sleep ever.

my story begins last night at trivia. first off, we got 79 points and came in FOURTH! that is utterly ridiculous. we've won with a score of like 52 before. and we could've come in 2nd if we'd doubled down in the 2nd round but i said no and got blamed the rest of the evening. that kind of sucked. my bad. anyway. tuyen and i were talking about how we wikipedia the weirdest things sometimes and it turns out that within a span of 3 days, we both looked up all of the pages regarding the plane crash that the movie "Alive" is based on. so random. i had no idea they were on that mountain for 72 DAYS!! isn't that ridiculous? moving on...

so my leg is gross. you're all aware of that. i've been taking motrin or aleve or advil to relieve the pain that pops up sometimes. tuyen said i should take advil pm because it might help me sleep more comfortably. so, when i got home, i popped 2 advil pm. it was like 11:30pm at this point and i figured i could sleep a full 8 hours if i went to bed immediately. well i fall asleep around 12:30 and at 1:30 I JOLT AWAKE and I swear to God I see a person standing in the doorway of my closet. my first instinct is to scream, but instead I say "WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU?" and grab the closest thing to me...which is a t-shirt. so...let me walk you through this. i see a figure standing in the dark of my room and instead of calling for help, or opening the balcony door, or any other SANE option. I go with "who the fuck are you?". REALLY KFP???? i'm sure a night time lurker would be just dying for some kind of signal to share information about themselves. and then a T-SHIRT?? really??? what am i going to do, whip them to death? but i was CLUTCHING that shit. like that shirt would've done a little damage. so my sleep-addled brain finally tells me to switch on my bed side light. and my intruder is a pair of pants. hanging on my closet door. so that was fun. and despite now knowing that it's a PAIR OF JEANS. part of my brain keeps whispering that maybe they just hid in the closet so every time i start to drift off I jerk my eyes open to "double check". so apparently advil pm makes me stupid and paranoid. ugh. come to think of it, i woke up still holding the shirt. ha.

i finally woke up around 8:15 to clean my leg out and it's starting to look a little weird. so i called the doctor and made a 10:30 appointment and called out of work for the morning. I waited for an hour (!) despite having an appointment, but did make a large dent in my new favorite romance novel set in a London theatre company. love you Lisa Kleypas. finally got seen by the doctor after contemplating taking a nap on the examination table. i came thisclose. i ended up with a tetanus shot which is always a joy. doctor said it was mildly infected too so i'm on antibiotics and i have a prescription for the same cream as last time. they were out of it so they're going to messenger it to my work by 6pm. fancy!

bleh i really just want to go to bed now. but instead i'm at work...blogging.

2 comments:

Kellie said...

I wish I could be at work blogging.

That story was really funny. I can completely imagine your face whilst saying it as well which just added to the humor.

God said...

that intruder reaction is totally what I would do.

sorry about the leg wifey!