Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I have a feeling that the next few months are going to start going by really fast. That's cool, but it's also scary to think that it might be February in no time. Ack!
But once the holidays start up, everything kind of snowballs. My holiday season always starts with my mom's birthday, which happens to be tomorrow. For those of you that haven't met her, my mother is the bomb. Every friend I've ever had has referred to her as "cute" or "adorable" within moments of meeting her. She sent Andy and e-card on his birthday and it was just about the cutest thing I've ever seen. He forwarded the link with a big smiley face on aim and said "Your mom's so cute!!!". Andy and I frequently have conversations where he talks about how bomb my mom is and I excuse him of dating me to get closer to her. We're sick people. Anyway, so tomorrow we celebrate her birth and that means I get to make cake tonight. huzzah! Anyway, then Andy and I will be going to the Griffith Observatory on my day off on the 30th, I will be taping on the 7th and Disneyland on the 9th. Philadelphia the weekend of the 17-19. Magic Castle on the 26th and Halloween party proper on the 31st. November is kinda blank until Thanksgiving (although I'm sure we'll think of some things to do) and then everything kicks into high gear for the holidays. I'm both excited to do these things and sad for when the new year starts and there are no more holidays to look forward to :(

But I digress. Speaking of Magic Castle, I was researching it this morning instead of actually working and I discovered a few things. The entrance is through a bookcase that only opens when you say the magic password...HA! So Awesome. Also, sad note, there is absolutely no photography allowed inside :( But there is a traveling photographer. Unfortunately he charges $20 for a pictures. But! If you buy it you apparently get a guest pass to return to the magic castle! This would get you in without the need of a member. So...me thinks I might want to buy a picture...at the very least just so I have a quality photo of everybody dressed up INSIDE the castle. God we're precious. Anyway I'm really really excited.

Anyhoodles, Maria is back in the office on Thursday and I successfully managed to avoid working for almost the entirety of the morning. Sans one package that I had to create and send out and a handful of phone calls, I spent most of my morning looking up Magic Castle stories.
Update: Right after writing that paragraph I spent an hour rolling calls with Maria and creating another package. I have been fairly busy for the last 3 hours. Oh karma...you bitch.

Things I've wikipediad this week (among others): Sweet Valley High, The Magic Castle, Presidential Assassins, Jack the Ripper, pigeons, and feijoas (yummy!)

1 comment:

God said...

Two things:
Your mother is absolutely adorable
And why are you going to Philly?